Crooner to campaigner

Posted on: Friday, October 12, 2012

Note: If you are not able to see the image below, you need to click on 'Display images' in your mail





Hema has been continually crusading against psychiatric treatment of depressed persons. It is what is driving them towards suicide, she believes. Hema also went through a bout of depression after she lost her father. “I couldn’t accept that one of the people I loved so dearly could be taken away from me. But I am totally strong now and fighting for the cause,” she says.
She recommends yoga, meditation and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Sudarshan Kriya as alternative medication. She also credits her outlook towards causes to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and the Art of Living Foundation.
He prompted me to be content in life. After my massive hit in ‘Chak de India’ I said it is time to give back to society.” She is in the process of releasing two albums inspired by and dedicated to the Art of Living Foundation.
To read the entire article: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment