The significance of Gayatri Mantra

Posted on: Thursday, August 16, 2012

Note: If you are not able to see the image below, you need to click on 'Display images' in your mail




Adi Shankaracharyaji, after having given all the knowledge he had to give he says one last thing, ‘O Shiva! You are me and I am You – Shivoham! ’ (Shivoham – I am Shiva).

Atmatvam – The Atman (Soul) is Shiva, and Girijimatih – Our buddhi (intellect) is the manifestation of Mother Divine (Devi). And intellect is of three types: Sattvik, Rajasik and Tamasik; which means that the intellect can be predominantly ruled by Satoguna, Rajoguna or Tamoguna.
So in essence – ‘I am Shiva and my intellect is Sati (Mother Divine) Herself’. And life depends on how our intellect (mati) is.

Click here to read more............

More Wisdom Quotes from Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment