Start Your Day with Yoga Sundae and Meditation

Posted on: Wednesday, November 30, 2011

 By Sylaja Kannan

As I bit into the creamy, chocolate ice cream, I stopped in my tracks, my eyes moved heavenward and I had an overall sense of well being. There is definitely good in a world that can make such delicious ice cream! My mind became calm and peaceful - I realized that it was neither in the past nor future, but in the present - enjoying the first bite of the ice cream. Yoga, like ice cream, is refreshing. Luckily, the body can take more Yoga than ice- cream! Yoga practices keep me calm, peaceful, and dynamic through the day. Here’s the perfect yoga sundae to kick-start your day.

Start with a base of light stretches. The Butterfly Pose, Chair Pose (or Sofa Posture if you want to feel more comfortable), and other light body stretches remove the restlessness from my body. “Sthiram Sukham Asanam,” instructs my Sri Sri Yoga instructor. These light stretches help me maintain my posture and sets the base for the real thing

Read more............

No comments:

Post a Comment